Friday, July 18, 2014

Welcome to An Easy Education!

Welcome to my new blog!  I have quite a few homeschool blogs and articles on the internet, and decided that since we are starting a new first grader this year, maybe it is time to start a fresh blog with a new focus.  Easy education may seem misleading.  There isn't much about education or homeschooling that seems easy, at least not at first.  I went through all of the awkwardness and negativity that accompanies becoming a new homeschooler.  Could we do it?  Should we do it?  Did we have enough money?  Would our children learn?  Would they become social misfits?  Were we doing the right thing?  That was approximately fourteen years ago.  Since then, we have one graduate that is working full time and taking online classes.  She is exactly on a path of her own choosing.  Our fourteen year old has been training for her future career with animals for about two years.  She has earned a diploma in Forestry and Wildlife Conservation and a certificate in psychology.  She is currently working on another one for Outdoor Adventure.

Our family belongs to our local homeschool group.  I am the founder and owner of The Sparklers Parade Corps which is our baton twirling and dance team. I am a certified USTA (United States Twirling Association) coach.  We have a small family business that is listed with our local Chamber of Commerce.  The girls and I are long time members of Girl Scouts, and have recently started a group called Family Life Challenge. 

We have four daughters: Melody, Abbey, Tarja and Ivana.  My husband, Augustine, and I, will be married 20 years in October.  We also have a white poodle puppy (we think he might really be a peekapoo) named Tico Suave.  Needless to say, we are very busy, loud and messy.

I hope to be a blessing to all who choose to follow my blog.  I will post video demonstrations of things that my children do, lesson plans (if you can really call them that), resources that I use for my own children (if I like it, I'll share it), ideas, and even contests and challenges.  Homeschooling is serious business, but it doesn't have to be stressful or scary or cost a lot of money.  Leave me a comment, follow my blog, and I'll do the same for you.

Have a Great Day!
Laurel Santiago




No comments:

Post a Comment